Monday, November 19, 2012

pb family: thanksgiving w/novella royale

we're bringing you a second serving of how the pb fam does thanksgivin'...
this time highlighting miss mary myers of novella royale!
as one of the stars featured in our one of a kind pop up shop, we love seeing what
the vintage queen and vegan babe cooks up and dresses up for all holidays.
scope out what she's got planned for this week's holiday feast >>
Novella Royale Designer Mary Myers

Where are you spending Thanksgiving?
We pack the kids and the dog in the car and drive to my mom's house in Utah. It's in the middle of nowhere, which I love...It's my second home!
Your go-to outfit...
I'll be wearing our new Loulou skirt with our Faye bloomers for Thanksgiving. I would totally pair it with the Chaser Velvet Underground Tee.

Favorite Thanksgiving ritual?
I'm in charge of setting the table, which consists of not one matching antique plate or bowl. My mom has the most amazing collection of antique dishes!
Favorite dish or recipe you'd love to share:
Vegan cheesecake!! It's the ONLY dessert I look forward to once a year. I could eat the whole thing myself, but I don't...sharing is caring!

Ingredients:

Crust 
- 2 cups granola or crushed graham crackers 
- 4 tbsp nondairy margarine (Earth Balance)
- 2 tbsp sugar

Filling
- 1 cup (8 oz container) soy sour cream (Toffuti brand)
- 16 oz (2 containers) soy cream cheese (Toffuti brand)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cup unbleached flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (optional)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp sea salt

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 325˚F
  2. Grind granola in a blender to the consistency of flour.
  3. Melt margarine in a small pot. Mix granola (or graham crackers) and sugar in a bowl, and stir in melted margarine. 
  4. Press crust mixture into a 9 inch deep dish pie tin. 
  5. Blend filling ingredients in blender and pour into crust.
  6. Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown. 
  7. Chill overnight before serving.
image credit: novella royale

No comments :

Post a Comment